43 Things You May Not Know About Me!
Once upon a time I was wandering the streets, alone. I was hungry, and dirty, and didn’t have anywhere to go. I was scared. Have you ever been scared before? No one wanted to take care of me, and my local shelter was so full of kittens they couldn’t take me either! But a husband and wife in Ocean City agreed to babysit me, and next thing they knew, I was a permanent member of the family! Here are 43 things you might not know about me…. (and you can see more if you go to my On the News section!)
1. I was named Pip, because I was an orphan, just like Pip from the famous Charles Dickens novel Great Expectations. Who are you named after?
2. Speaking of books- I just signed on yesterday to be a children’s book author!
3. When I was found I was really dirty and could hardly open my eyes. My parents thought I was deaf, but it turns out I just had a lot of dirt in my ears. Now that they are clean I can hear much better. But now things scare me that didn’t use to!
4. As soon as I moved into my new home I started making messes. I broke my parents nice ceramic cat food bowls, killed a lot of plants, broke some pots, got dirt everywhere (it’s still there hehe), climbed the screens, the list goes on! So my parents decided to put me on a leash and take me outside. And that’s how I became a beach cat!
6. Since I was on the beach at the end of September, I wasn’t technically allowed to be there, when the lifeguard yelled at me, I just buried myself in the sand and hid!
7. My human dad is from Krakow, Poland, but my human mom is from Ocean City, Maryland. They met while working together at Macky’s Bayside years ago. This is pretty cool because Macky’s is a pet-friendly restaurant and bar, which means I get to go next summer!
8. For two years my human parents lived together in Poland, so my cat sisters are from there! My human parents adopted them from a neighbor in Krakow who had taken in a pregnant stray. They flew 10 hours when they moved from Poland to America! And even have little kitty passports!
9. I am a lot younger than my sisters so I kind of drive them crazy. Sometimes I ride them around like they are my horse, and sometimes I just pounce right on top of them. I’ve also been known to hold them in a headlock.
10. My sisters also go to the beach sometimes! Not as much as me because usually my beach time is planned to give them a break so they can relax and nap without the fear of an attack from me! Whoops!
11. I was on the news locally with Brooke Butler for WMDT channel 7, but I also made the news in Tulsa, Oklahoma with Brooke’s brother. I loved Brooke and her camera man Colin! We had trouble getting some shots because I just wanted to cuddle with Colin in stead of what I was supposed to do!
12. hen it’s warm out I hop on my boogie board at the beach on 27th street. I would say that’s my home beach! And you can usually find me playing there.
13. I love to dig in the sand. Like a lot.
14. And I also love holes in the sand. If you ever see me, dig me a hole and I will jump right in.
15. I also love to chase butterflies! Or any kind of bug!
16. I don’t mind wearing a harness or being on a leash. My parents actually use a dog leash for me because it’s retractable and gives me 26 feet to roam.
17. I will eat almost anything! Beans, carrots, lettuce, coconut, those are just some of the weirder things I have chewed up. You can watch my series “Will Pip Eat It?” on my TikTok Channel where I am @ImFeelingPipsy
18. I love to play with toys…. You can find my favorite things here.
19. When the weather got too cold for the beach, but still nice, I learned how to paddle board. I had great balance and even got a new life jacket to wear! I explored the canals of Ocean Pines, Maryland, which stem off of the Assawoman Bay.
20. My carrier is a book bag, I have two. One is more for the beach, I don’t like it much, but the one I have for everything else, is awesome! Super comfy with lots of room.
21. I have a few nicknames. One is Pip-erroni and the other is Pipster. Some people call me Pipsy because of my Instagram name- I’m Feeling Pipsy. And I am also called Pip-Squeak because I don’t really meow yet, I just let out little squeaks. Sometimes my human parents call this “Pipping”.
22. Sometimes I ride on my bicycle. The boardwalk is my favorite place to ride, but I’m not great at sitting still. So I only get to ride in the basket for a little bit, and then I get put in my book bag.
23. I love to play with my friends, some of them even have a key to my house, just so they can come take me for walks.
24. I love to meet new people, as long as they don’t pick me up! One day I went to Assateague and spent a whole day on the beach with a family that was traveling across the country and writing about their adventures on Mountain Mom and Tots.
25. This halloween Ocean City’s infamous Ocean Gallery awarded me “Best Costume”! I got to go visit the gallery and they gave me treats!
26. Sometimes I climb the window screens in my house!
5. My first time on the beach I loved it!
27. I love to dress up (NOT!) but I am good at it, and it makes people smile, so I always give my photographer at least one good picture.
28. When I’m not playing at the beach, I like to lay under people’s beach chairs. When I go for walks, I always try to squeeze under people whether they like it or not! Or sometimes I bury under my beach blanket.
29. I am very curious about water. I play with the toilet, the sink faucet, the shower, anything that lets out water, I play with it!
30. Even when I am inside I am super playful! To keep me from being naughty my parents let me play with apps!
31. I love straws! Especially reusable aluminum ones! People think I’m drinking Hoop Tea, but really I am just chewing on the straw.
32. My fur is the same color as an orange crush.
33. There isn’t anything I won’t try to play with! My mommy and daddy have to keep a close eye on me because I am always trying to get into something. One time I tried to play with a candle.
34. The first time I was near the water I just let the wave crash right into me and I didn’t even care!
35. Then I sat on a little sandbar and let the water go all around me.
36. I always sit with my mom when she is responding to everyone online or writing! Sometimes I even type! But it never makes sense, so she translates it for me!
37. A lot of people love my tail, but my mom loves my big dark eyes. She remembers when they were so dirty and swollen, and now they are so beautiful.
38. I fight with my sisters everyday to get the prime spot in our room, the windowsill!
39. My favorite treat in the world is coffee Creamer in the little cups. If you just shake one near me I go CRAZY! And once you open it, I run in circles I’m so excited!
40. I am a very strong swimmer!
41. I love to chase leaves! and play with them. I don’t know why but they are one of my favorite things!
42. One of my favorite things to do in Ocean City is go to the arcades! My favorite games to watch and play are Skee-Ball, Colorama, Pokerino, and all the games that are like humongous iPads with fun things playing for me to chase.
43. People love when I wear my little yellow slicker! I might have to become weatherman!
9 Comments Add yours
Love you, Pip. So glad you found a nice family to have so much fun with. You deserve it. Hope to run into you in OC. Want to meet you so badly!
Pip you are the coolest cat I’ve ever met and yes I did meet you and very happy I did. Be good to your Parents, they are great and are bringing joy to many!
Do you live right in Ocean City? It’s my favorite place to go with my fur kiddos and one day want to relocate there from DC. Love you PiP
Yes Stephanie! We live on 28th street!
You and I have something in common Pip, we both came from the streets. My mum rescued me 9 years ago and I’m supposedly a senior cat at 14 but certainly dont act it. My name is Shadow, while not the most original since I’m black, but turned out fitting as I love caring for my mom as a thank you and have become her little shadow. I’ve loved following you on Instagram with all your adventures.
Hi, Pip! I am glad that fate favors you. Gorgeous photos. Bethany Cosentino once remarked: “I looked at the pictures of cats lying on the beach and thought:“ Cats hate water, so why should they have a beach? “. But then I realized that cats like to just lie down, rest and be lazy, but what could be better than on the beach? ” https://myquotes.co/search/cat/?page=2
this is a great site, thanks so much!!!
Hello , My Fury Friend is called Pink a highly intelligent Siamese 😹